Monday, June 17, 2013

Illustrator: Chapter 6: Geometric Objects

To create the shapes image I used various shape tools to draw shapes on the artboard, then I applied various fills and strokes to the shapes to make them each unique. I used the type tool to create the "SHAPES!" text layer, applied a black stroke to it, and added a drop-shadow through the filters menu.


To create the Oedipus Rex image I used the spiral / line / rectangle shape tools to create the column. I horizontally distributed the vertical column lines and grouped the entire column together to move it as one object. I used the type tool for all text layers and applied a drop-shadow to "Oedipus Rex".


To create the Annual Spring Luncheon image I created two rectangles with strokes to fill the background. I used the pencil tool to draw the leaf, using the smooth tool to smooth the edges. I duplicated the original leave to create the left column of leaves and used the spiral tool with the "Pucker and Bloat" filter applied to create the flower. I applied a drop-shadow to the flower and leaves beneath it.


No comments:

Post a Comment