Saturday, June 22, 2013

Illustrator: Final Project

For my final Illustrator project I opted to design the fire truck and fire station. My interest was favoring the fire truck over the kitchen design. It did end up taking me a few hours to create this final project, because it ended up being tedious work.

To start off, I created the fire truck. I managed to do this with all sorts of shapes, both from the shape tools and custom made. One of the hardest parts was making sure everything was scaled correctly to the right widths and heights, because there was no guide placed in Illustrator. Instead, I had to look at the book and get as close as I could through what felt right! Whenever it was possible, I would duplicate the left side of a shape to create the right side, ensuring symmetry.





The firetruck was easy to make, but a little bit tedious. I wasn't prepared for how much more tedious the building was going to be. I chose the "New fire station" image to follow, because it had a more head-on angle to go off of. For the most part, I used rectangles to create the shapes composing the building. The sky was created using the rectangular shape tool filled with a "sky" blue gradient. I've included a screenshot of the wireframe for both the firetruck and fire station because I find them to be very pretty and interesting to look at! (The final dimensions on the document were 1700x1400, or around there, so the JPG I have included is at 60% of the original size.)






No comments:

Post a Comment