Friday, June 21, 2013

Illustrator: Clipping Mask: Happy Easter!

To create the "Happy Easter" image I used a gradient to fill the background and created a sun with the star shape tool (with a gaussian blur) and a circle shape above it. I created the bunny using various shape tools and extracting methods while the jelly beans were created with ellipse shapes that were blended together with a white-to-black gradient ellipse shape on top of them that was set to the screen blending mode. I duplicate the jelly beans to fill the bottom of the image and created a text layer with a drop shadow. To finish, I created an oval on a new layer and used it as a clipping mask.



To create the cat I took the bunny I created for the "Happy Easter" image and modified it slightly to resemble the cat. I added feet and a tail, which I created with the ellipse tool and warp filter.


No comments:

Post a Comment