Saturday, June 22, 2013

Illustrator: PEN TOOL 2: Tracing with the Pen Tool

To create the "Tartan Mills" logo I imported the original scotty dog image into Illustrator and set it as a template so I could trace the outline of the scotty dog with the pen tool. I took the path I created and pasted it into a new document where I added the text above and below it.



To create the "Tartan Mills Tee Shirt" I opened the image of the gray tee shirt in Illustrator and pasted my "Tartan Mills" logo design above it. I scaled it down to fit onto the shirt, changed it's opacity to 60% and set the blending mode to "Soft Light". I duplicated a version of the logo and scaled it down even further to make it fit onto the clothing tag.



To create the "Crane Airlines Tee Shirt" I opened the image of the blue tee shirt and the "Origami Paper Crane" I created in the previous assignment, added text above the paper crane and then pasted the entire design onto the image of the tee shirt. I set the blending mode to overlay and changed the opacity to 80% before duplicating the logo, changing the colors to completely black, and rescaling it down to fit onto the clothing tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment