Saturday, June 22, 2013

Illustrator: PEN TOOL 3: Drawing Curves Angel Fish Surfboards

To create the "Angel Fish" image I layered multiple wavy pen tool shapes on top of each other and blended them together with "Gaussian Blur" filters. I created line paths with the pen tool that I filled with green colors and blurred to create the seaweed, then I created the fish using an oval, ellipse, and pen tool shapes filled with radial and linear gradients. The bubbles were made with a light blue to dark blue gradient topped with a white-to-transparent shape layer that was blurred to give them a depth effect. The text was created by converting the type into an outline so I could apply a gradient to it and then a custom clipping mask was created to fit the entire image directly onto the surfboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment