Saturday, June 22, 2013

Illustrator: Vertical-View Trace Tool

To create the "New York City Poster" I used line segments and curved paths to live trace the outline of a diamond. I filled it with the "Live Paint Bucket" tool and re-scaled it before adding a drop-shadow and changing it's blending mode to "Multiply". I pasted a photo of New York City into the background, duplicated the diamond above it and re-filled the duplicate diamond with white-to-transparent gradients. I added the text in front of a black rectangle set to "Overlay" mode with an outer-glow.



To create the stamp, I placed a small rectangular shape onto the artboard and ran the "Zig-Zag" and "Drop-shadow" filters on it. I pasted my New York City poster above it and re-scaled the poster down to fit into the stamp. I took the liberty of adding a blue radial gradient background and re-scaling the entire stamp up in size to make it more visible (for the purpose of viewing in this blog).


No comments:

Post a Comment