Friday, June 21, 2013

Illustrator: Sketching with the Pencil Tool and Blending

To create the "Pet Rescue Logo" I used the pencil tool to draw the puppy's facial features. I used the smooth tool to make the curves more beautiful and used double ellipses to create the eyeballs. I also used the ellipse tool to create the circular border and typed along a circular path with the path type tool.



To create the "Caladium" I used the pen (rather than the pencil) tool to create a nicely curved caladium leaf. I copied the original leave and created two duplicates, each smaller than the previous and inside of each other, changed their colors and blended them together. I created a dot with the ellipse tool and duplicated it many times before placing it on top of the caladium leaf. I used the pen tool to create the stem and then duplicated the entire leaf (after grouping it together) and changed the colors to make the second leaf a little more unique. I warped the top type and applied an outerglow to it, while I applied a white drop shadow to the bottom type.


No comments:

Post a Comment